Thursday, June 5, 2008

OK funny story #1

OK, so Alan had to get this new Kayak, and he has been out in it three times since getting it last week. He likes to go out at the crack of dawn, which for those who really know me know that will never work for me. There just isn't much worth getting up that early for, unless it's to roll into the hot tub outside and watch the sunrise. Then I just might go back to bed at that.

Anyway, he leaves and then he comes back a half hour latter. I know that that was not nearly long enough for him to have spent any time on the lake, so I popped open one eye and said,"What's up? Why are you back so soon?"
"Just came back to get something I forgot."
"What?"
"This,"he says and holds up his snorkel gear. "Why? you may ask," he said. "I need to see the bottom of the lake."
"Why?" is asked both eyes open now and not getting that warm fuzzy feeling.
"Because that's where my cell phone is."
Great.
So he goes back and comes home two hours later, lips blue with cold and shaking, and no phone. Couldn't find it. And the snow melt water was so cold he was nearly hypothermic!
A long steam shower latter and he was ready to talk with out his teeth chattering. All he said was, "We will go again later, and I will wear a wetsuit."
We did...He did..Still no phone. I'll try and send a picture of him trying to find the phone in the lake.
The saddest part of all this is he has all of his phone numbers and contacts, notes and calendar reminders in that phone! It is something I have never trusted. Always keep a hard copy of everything. It's not like we haven been taught this lesson before. One of those personal planers and two crashed cell phones worth of lessons. He stores everything on his phone still....which as far as I'm concerned should be used to MAKE PHONE CALLS!!!
Alan just came in and said, What are you doing? Blogging? Make sure to tell everyone this has not been edited or approved by me. You are only getting one side of the story." True. But it's my space and my blog, and I stand by everything I've said. Man I love that guy. Never a dull moment. Next time I'll tell you about our little adventure into the world of tax sale. That's a real good one. Later. Love to all

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so glad you guys joined the blogging world! you're right...there is never a dull moment!

ME said...

Why does this story not surprise me at all?